3.06.2012

spring is visiting

It is going to be 50 degrees out today!

We have not had much of a winter here this year...at least not by typical Wisconsin standards. I've been disappointed at the lack of snow- especially with a Christmas present of new cross country skis which I've yet to be able to debut- but the weather today is making me long for spring. We'll have another go at winter next year, it's time to throw in the towel.

new sky

This is a piece I just finished in time for a 1:00 deadline at the Main Street Gallery in Cedarburg. If you're a local, Cedarburg is always nice to visit in the spring- be sure to stop by the gallery (in the Cultural Center) if you're in town.

Also, I know I said I'd post about my son's Harry Potter birthday party- I must say, it was a huge success in most respects. In others- not so much: we suffered multiple camera fails throughout the day. This, my friends, is why I don't blog events. Paintings sit still and wait while your memory card spazzes out or your other camera's batteries die. 6 and 7 year olds playing Quidditch in the basement...not so much. C'est la vie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fab Megan! So many appealing things here that draw me in.....color scheme, use of layers and pattern, and that sweet little house. Kudos.

rachel awes said...

i love this.
it is so
intelligent
+ peaceful.
(happy almost spring)
:) xo

Megan Woodard Johnson said...

Thanks, ladies! So nice to get up and find your comments.