9.30.2010

found art thursday?

I look forward all month to posting something new in reaction to the theme Cathy Nichols picks out for her Found Art Friday challenge. It's just a great no-pressure goal to create and post something over on her site on the last Friday of the month. I find that it's a helpful motivator to have that little deadline, and it's a great chance to connect with people that stop by her blog regularly, but maybe haven't 'met' me yet.

So, this month, I was feeling pretty proud that I felt I had a piece that responded nicely to her September theme of "Change", and was just holding off on posting it here until it was time for FAF.

Well, hello...tomorrow's Friday- but it's also October! So I totally missed the last Friday of September! Check out the response Cathy had to FAF- for sure. In the meantime- I'm posting my own piece today under the sheepish heading of Found Art Thursday:


harvest days


4 comments:

E Makes Art said...

heehee! Love your found art thursday piece. I love all your work. I almost missed the deadline too! I thought it was going to be this friday also, but squeezed mine in at the last minute last week! Who knew October would sneak up on us so quickly!

xoEsther

Jenny said...

It's heartwarming to know there are other people out there that have the same grasp of the time concept as me :)
Love your found art thursday piece. GORGEOUS!

bigBANG studio said...

Megan, this piece is just beautiful. I'm CRAZY about your birds. I had to stop by and thank you for the moving comment you left; I got a little teary reading it, if you must know. Just wanted to thank you for such a lovely little note. You really made my (and my mom's!) day. xo.

Megan Woodard Johnson said...

Thanks for all of your comments, everyone...this was one of those pieces that I sort of wondered whether I'd pushed too far. It's nice to come back and see that it's resonating.